Quotes have been a constant inspiration to my life. It’s one of the reasons I started Work Happy Now. At first I was afraid to start a blog. Would anyone even care what I have to say? It turns out that they do. If I never read the #2 quote on this list who knows if this blog would even be alive today.
Quotes help steer my thoughts into a positive direction when I’m letting my arch nemesis dictate my happiness.
I compiled some of my favorite business quotes to help inspire you. There are a lot of entrepreneurs that give up on being happy at work. They think if they just work really hard and ignore everything else, it will be ok. They are missing the point. We are put on this earth to do great things, but we can’t sacrifice our health and happiness in the process.
I don’t care if you work for yourself or for someone else, work dictates a huge portion of our happiness. It’s up to each of us to make our working lives happy so that we can make the biggest impact possible for as long as possible.
Career Development Quotes
10. "Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
9. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
- Steve Jobs
8. “Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it.”
- Colin Powell
7. “Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.”
- Tim Berners-Lee
6. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.”
- Gary Ryan Blair
5. “If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.”
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
4. “Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.”
- Robert H. Schuller
3. “Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.”
- Napoleon Hill
2. “If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.”
- Robert H. Schuller
1. “The secret to a happy life is work worth doing.”
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
What is your favorite quote of all time?
Share this Post